Although you have a strong background as a data engineer, designing and implementing technical data solutions, you’re not reluctant to demonstrate your fundamental analytical skills. Data Engineering is where you started, Data Science is what you’re aiming for. You love engineering and working with data, but you’re also confident in your ability to develop deep statistical knowledge. Ongoing theoretical talks bore you quite quickly, because you are pragmatic. Instead of talking, you like to get your hands dirty in working on real world problems. The ability to work independently and to take responsibility for your work is something you need to stay motivated. Nonetheless you are a team player. If something bothers you, you change it. If things need to be said, you communicate. If you have an idea to improve something, you make it happen.
If that sounds like you, we should talk.
We’re test IO, Europe’s leading crowdsource software testing company, now expanding globally. To develop a sustainable data architecture, help answer complex business questions, and most notably to create innovative products, we’re looking for a Data Engineer to complement our team.
This is what we need you for:
- Play a major role in developing data-oriented approaches to amplify our product, creating a novel software testing approach that combines people and data at scale.
- Constantly evaluate our existing data infrastructure and identify opportunities for improvement; take responsibility for ensuring that our data infrastructure and strategy are state-of-the-art and in line with our business goals.
- Design and implement algorithms, data models and other solutions to help achieve our data strategy goals.
- Help solve multidimensional business problems in our global testing marketplace by making full use of our data and by generating insights.
Who we are looking for:
- A degree in a quantitative field like Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or an equivalent background; higher degrees are a strong plus.
- 3 - 5 years working experience in the field of Data Engineering/Data Science.
- Strong programming ability, plus knowledge of R, Python, Matlab or other data science relevant tools.
- Some knowledge of modern data stacks/ecosystems like Hadoop, Spark, AWS, Docker, etc.
- The capability to apply basic statistical methods and the desire to become an expert in Data Science.
- The willingness to expand your knowledge and independently acquire the skills necessary to excel in your job.
- Fluency in English; German is a plus.
- Experience in advanced analytics methods (e.g. Neural Networks, Machine Learning, Optimization, Deep Learning, etc.) is a plus.
- Some familiarity with data visualisation tools/libraries is a plus. (e.g. Power BI, Tableau, D3.js, etc.)
This is what describes you best:
- A data lover: you like to dig deep into data, yet are able to be flexible and move quickly.
- An innovator: you like to try out new things, and are okay with taking risks when it’s needed.
- A striver: you seek to develop yourself further -- more than anything you like to explore and learn new things.
- A communicator: you enjoy sharing what you know and learning from others. Lunch-and-learns and chalk talks excite you.
- A problem solver: you don’t like to discuss problems, instead you like to show what is meant by “hands-on.”
- A pragmatist: although you have deep theoretical knowledge in the field of data, what distinguishes you is the ability to apply that knowledge to real-world business problems.
What do you get:
- The chance to be part of a successful, fast-growing startup.
- A dynamic, international, yet casual working environment within a highly motivated team.
- Startup culture at its best, with regular team events.
- The chance to constantly develop your skills further.
- A constructive working atmosphere with nice and helpful colleagues.
- A competitive compensation package.
- A workplace in a nice, light-flooded office in Berlin including free drinks.
- The ability to create your own projects, be self-reliant and take responsibility from day one.
Please provide a CV and a short cover letter mentioning your salary expectations and availability.